Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Hang Small Canvas with Plate Hangers

Hey guys, how are you all doing? I'm just waiting out another painfully slow day. It seems like every day since I hit 36 weeks has been going SUPER slow. Oy.

I have a really quick tip for you guys today. I once was given a small painting by my grandmother that already had a plate hanger attached to it for hanging. I didn't really think much of it at the time, but have used that trick a few different times now. For example, I used it in Benjamin's Nursery.
Obviously, it will be cheaper than buying frames. You can find these for a dollar at some places. And it makes for super easy hanging (I just use a thumbtack, or a command hook). If you're curious, the top canvas just has a fat quarter of fox fabric wrapped around it. I just have it taped, so I can easily remove it and use it for other things later down the line. The bottom is a painting I did special for the nursery.

And that's it! Nothing to it today. I hope you all are well. It's supposed to be getting pretty hot around here again and I am SO not looking forward to it. 39 weeks pregnant and 90+ degree heat does not mix... at least not very attractively. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...