Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Kenzie: 36 Week Pregnancy Update + Bump Picture

Hello, everyone! It feels weird to be the only pregnant one around here, though I don't have much longer to go! Time is moving by so quickly, our little man will be here before we know it. Anywho, I thought I would do my monthly update today. Here's the bump picture...
How far along: 36 weeks & 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 30+ pounds, won't know for sure until next appointment, which is next week.
Maternity clothes: Been wearing a lot of non-maternity dresses that I already had. They don't fit the greatest, but they keep me cool as it's getting hotter. 
Sleep: Not the greatest. Wake up several times to pee. Also, my hips & pelvis hurt so bad! It's so difficult to roll over or get up. Like...
Best moment this week: Hubby came home from a week long trip, and I'm so thankful that he's home. You'd think after having so many separations in the military, a week would be like nothing, but it was still hard!
Movement: Quite a bit. I can feel little feet trying to poke out, and of course his butt is always giving me a pointy belly.
Food cravings: Not really. Have sort of lost the majority of my appetite, probably because I don't have much room to put anything! I've been thirsty though, with lots of ice, since it's getting pretty warm around here.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: I've been having braxton hicks. And I felt like I was having real contractions the other day! They didn't last too long and faded after I took a warm bath. He is still head down, and making his way toward the exit. I feel like he's dropped some, but may have a bit more to go. I've also been having dreams of going into labor! That's a sign, right?
Belly button- in or out?: Flat. Out when he pushes against it.
Stretch marks: I've gotten a couple of darker ones on my side. Looks like I'm getting some more around my belly button, too. Not too bad, but I'm sure I'm not done yet!
What I miss: Just having energy. I am SO tired all the time. 
Also, I don't know if this is a normal thing, but my hands have been hurting quite a bit. I'm assuming because of the slight swelling I have. Anyway, it hurts to do pretty much anything with them.
What I am looking forward to: Just getting this show on the road! One more week and I'll be full term and happy if he came any time after that!
Milestones: Turning the calendar to June and seeing our due date! Crazy.

I hope you all are doing well, and that you're having a great week. My hands are killing me as I type this up, so I'm going to cut it short. Talk to you all soon and thanks so much for all of your support!

4 comments:

  1. Soooo excited for you :) You look great girl!

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the separation thing. I met my husband when he was an active marine, now she's in the Air Force reserves so I still have times where I don't see him. And yes your hand do hurt because of the swelling. Just run your hands under some cold water to help with the swelling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kelly! You'd think after long deployments, a week would be nothin! Never the case, it's hard no matter what. Thanks for the tip with the cold water, I will do that when they're especially bad. I've had to ice them a couple of times, too. I'm thankful I got my rings off the other day, otherwise I'd be worried I might lose some fingers! :)
      -Kenzie

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...