Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June Birchbox vs. Ipsy

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. I received my Birchbox and Ipsy in the mail in the last few days and thought I would share with you all what I got! In case you don't know, both are monthly subscription services. They're $10 a month. You can read more about them here. Let's start with Birchbox:

I'm actually pretty pleased with Birchbox this month. I have been the last few months! Here's what I got:
1. Perlier Body Cream in Shea Almond. I really like this stuff! I've been keeping it in my purse to use on my hands and elbows. I've also used it on my stretch marks and like the way it made my skin feel. It's a pretty nice sized sample, and I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of it if I keep it in my purse.
2. Dr. Hauschka Body Wash in Lemongrass. I'm excited to try this. I will probably get 2 uses out of it. Maybe I will put this into my hospital bag instead of the generic one that's in there! It smells really nice.
3. LAQA & Co Lip Lube in Menatour (aka PURPLE!). I like the consistency and the sheer color of this. I do NOT like the purple. I put it on when I got it and my husband asked if the color was called "hypothermia." Haha!
4. Cythia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner in Silver. This is also really nice. I've used it once since I got it, and was pleased. I don't have any silver eyeliners, so I was happy to get this.
5. Nyakio Coffee Body Products. These are just little foil packet samples. A face polish, body scrub, and oil. I don't like the smell of coffee (I know, weird) so I don't think I will be able to use these, but will give them to someone who would use them.

Now, onto Ipsy!
First off, the little cosmetic bag this month is pretty cute. It's designed well and feels like good quality.
1. Be a Bombshell black mascara. I wish this was a good product, as it's full sized. But this stuff literally stinks. I opened it and my eyes started watering from the smell. I can't even imagine having it on my eyelashes.
2. Marc Anthony Beach Spray. I believe you're supposed to use this like a sea salt spray on your hair. It will accentuate waves. I've used it, and I really liked it. Smelled like coconut!
3. NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel. I LOVE THIS! I've had it in my purse and have been wearing it non stop. The consistency of these are amazing. I will have to go buy some more.
4. Nickak Shimmer Eyeliner in Green. This is pretty cool. I would never buy it, but I'm sure I will use it to mix it up!
5. Skinn by Dimitri James Olive & Enzyme Cleanser. I used this last night, I really liked it. It smells like lemon sugar cookies! It got all of my makeup off, and apparently you can use it as a face mask, too.

That's it! I'm super happy with both boxes this month. If you don't get either of these, now you have an idea of what kinds of things you would receive. 

I hope you guys have a great day! Talk to you all soon.
Oh P.S. No baby yet! Here is my 38 week bump picture. I'm feeling quite front heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...