Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Our Babymoon/Anniversary/Valentine's Day Getaway

Hey all. Adam and I got the chance to spend a night away this past weekend, I thought I would share with you where we went and how it was. We knew that we needed to take a bit of time for ourselves pretty soon, as Adam's busy season is coming up and our baby is on the way. We weren't sure the next time we would get the chance! So, we sort of combined our Anniversary (which was last September, though we didn't do anything to celebrate), Valentine's Day, and a Babymoon. I didn't know Babymoons even existed until very recently, but I think they're a great idea!

We ended up deciding to drive up to Leavenworth, WA. This is where we "honeymooned" after our wedding, so it's a little special to us. I say "honeymooned" because we only spent 1 night there before Adam had to fly back to the East Coast. Anyway, that's where we decided to go. Only this time, we stayed about 20 miles out of town at the Pine River Ranch. It's an all-suite bed & breakfast, and it was just what we needed.
The room we were in was almost like it's own little cabin. There was a room next to ours, in the same building. We didn't even know anyone was in there until the next morning, though! As you can see by the pictures, it had a very rustic feel. We also had beautiful views of the mountains. The room had a jacuzzi tub, vanity area, small bathroom with shower & toilet, kitchenette, fireplace, little living area and bed. We were so comfortable that we didn't leave the room at all once we checked in. 

You had the option of getting chocolate covered strawberries, or champagne. We didn't do either of these because they were a little pricey. We just brought our own snacks! I also brought one of those mini crockpots and we had fondue!

Before we checked into our room, we wandered in downtown Leavenworth and had lunch. And then we made a little trip up to Lake Wenatchee. It was raining a little, so we didn't stay too long.

All in all, we had a great little trip. I definitely think we will end up staying at the Pine River Ranch again!

We wanted to drive up to Lake Chelan the next day but I ended up getting sick the night before. I caught whatever is going around, and have been coughing up a lung. Unfortunately, this is especially bad for me because I have had a horrible gag reflex while pregnant, and now I can't keep anything down while coughing so frequently. Boo.

I hope you all are doing well! Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...