Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Fall Leaf Initial

In my 7 Easy Fall Crafts post, I mentioned an initial covered in fall leaves. I decided to tackle that project for Thrifty Thursday this week, but with my own spin!
I was super happy to find a large wooden "W" at my local craft store on clearance for 99 cents! It had a few dents in it, but I figured I could work with it. I decided it would be perfect for covering in leaves- since they would cover up any dents!

Here is how I made it!
1. I covered the "W" with a piece of fall leaf scrapbook paper. I used mod podge with a sponge applicator.
2. I used a pack of dollar store leaves to add some texture. I cut them at random places and placed them around the border, and used a few whole leaves. Again, I used mod podge to attach them.
3. Using acrylic paint and another sponge applicator, I painted the outside rim of the "W." I also let the paint come a bit over the top edge to create a darker border.
4. I tied a few strands of dollar store raffia around the top of the "W." That's it!
The only things I had to purchase for this project were the W and the scrapbook paper. So, I only spent 1.50- which definitely qualifies as THRIFTY!
I hope you all are having an awesome week so far! Today is actually our Anniversary! We don't have any big plans, but we are so thankful for the beautiful marriage we share. I can't believe it has already been 4 years.
Have a great Thursday!
Check out the parties we link to by visiting out Link Party Directory

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it. :) Happy anniversary!

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tutorial! I've been wanting do our last name initial! Will pin this one :)
    Visiting from A Glimpse Inside blog!
    Ursula, blogger at
    http://kraftmint.com
    {a journal of modern crafts}

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katherine. It was a really fun project!
      -Kenzie

      Delete
  4. What a simple and cute fall project!! Thanks for sharing at Create.Simplify.Inspire!

    Melissa Kaylene

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love that you added textured leaves!
    Happy Anniversary!
    Found you through Create Simplify Inspire.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think they add a little something "extra." Hope you're having a great weekend!
      -Kenzie

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...