Banner

Orchard Girls

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WWEW: Homemade Spicy Chex Mix

Welcome to....
What We Eat Wednesdays at OrchardGirls.blogspot.com
Today I will be sharing with you a fun recipe for any occasion.
 Homemade Spicy Chex Mix!
Homemade - Spicy Chex Mix
Oh man, this stuff is good. I'm eating some right now -yummmmay! Alrighty, here is what I used. (Basically you can add or take out anything you'd like) Most people enjoy their chex mix with nuts, but not this girl. I don't like any kind of nuts, so there ya go..weird i know.
Homemade - Spicy Chex Mix

Ingredients:
[dry]
1 cup rice chex
1 cup wheat chex
1 cup pretzels
1 cup spicy cheez-its 
1 cup cheerios
1 cup bagel chips
[sauce]
1/2 cup butter - melted
2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
4 teaspoons garlic powder
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 250. In a large bowl mix all your [dry] ingredients together. Next prepare your [sauce] and make sure to mix the sauce completely. Now pour the sauce over the [dry] mixture and stir completely. Using two pans (with ridges is best) evenly divide out your chex mix. If you can fit it all on one pan that is fine too. (I doubled the recipe so I used two pans) Place in the oven for 1 hr - stir every 15-20 minutes. When they're done, pour them onto a couple of paper towels and let them cool for about 10 minutes. When done be sure to store your mix in an air tight container - after you eat a handful, or 5. 
Homemade - Spicy Chex Mix
These turned out great, and it makes A LOT of mix, as I said, I doubled the recipe...cause, why not? haha. 
Homemade - Spicy Chex Mix
Anyway, let me know if you try this out. Have you ever made your own chex mix, what kind?
Enjoy your day,



Linking this post up to these lovely parties HERE!


Also, we made a button for our blog. 
Feel free to grab it, and share it on your blog - if you'd like! 
Let us know so we can come say hi!  
Sharing is caring :)
Orchard Girls

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Julia! Great to have you here and thanks for following along :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids LOVE spicy, so this will be a big hit!
    Thanks for the recipe, and congrats on being this week's featured guest at Meet & Greet. I'm now a GFC follower. =0)
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thats awesome! I hope you get a chance to make them. Thank you, we were so excited to see that we had been featured! We're following along with you, as well!
      -Kayla

      Delete
  3. My mom used to make a Chex mis but I don't know what flavour. It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, I remember growing up with it as well. My Aunt would make it for all our family get togethers! :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  4. Looks YUMMY! I found your blog through 2JustBYou meet and greet blog hop! I'm now following and I look forward to getting to know you.

    Wishing you a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer. We're happy to have you stop by, and we hope you like what you find around our blog! :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  5. Hello to you both Kenzie and Kayla,I found your blog through the meet and greet blog hop and now am a follower of yours. I am excited to read your blog in the future. And Congrats on becoming sisters like you wanted to.

    http://lifesociallyawkward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Magen! Thank you for stopping by and following along. We hope you find some fun and useful things on your blog :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  6. hi- I have been making ranch flavor oyster crackers. oven at 300 degrees. in a big ziplock bag mix veg.oil oyster crackers and half a packet of ranch dip/ dressing mix together with extra dried dill. spread on baking sheet, pop into oven. keep checking on it and stirring till light golden brown. remove from oven, cool and store in air tight container if there's any left. yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, that sounds delicious!! I am going to have to try that. Thanks :)
      -Kayla

      Delete
  7. It's nice that you combined your own mix instead of using the premade chex mix. There's something about the bag chex I don't like. At least I can make my own now! Thanks for sharing this last week on my What Are You Doing? Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its nice to pick out your favorites so you don't have to dig while you're eating you can just reach in and know that you'll like anything you pick up! :) Thanks for the party!
      -Kayla

      Delete
  8. Woot Woot! Spicy Chex Mix! Perfect for football season or a fun party! Tweeting & sharing. Thanks for linking up at the party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you for sharing our post and for hosting the party :) Have a great day.
      -Kayla

      Delete
  9. I got this recipe a few years ago from a friend and have been making it ever since! Everyone always loves it and wants the recipe - so I'm happy to pass along Kayla's Spicy Chex Mix!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...