Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mommy and Me - Elephant Handprint Art

Today, I wanted to share a quick project. This post is going to be a short one – it isn’t so much a ‘how to’ post as it is a ‘cool idea’ post! Lol. My mom showed me a picture of these elephant handprints from somewhere online, and she wanted me to try it with Adeline. I thought it was super cute, so we tried it the other day, and I love how it turned out!
I put a little finger paint on Addie’s hand, and pressed her hand on the paper. Of course, she wanted to eat the paper instead – it took 3 tries to get a decent print. Haha. Her hand print was a little crooked, so I had to make it look like she was going down a hill. 
Next I did mine (you have to make sure you do them close to the top of the paper, because you end up turning it so the hand prints are upside down. Here is how ours turned out! I spray painted this frame and matte square that I got at Goodwill so it would match the painting.
Let us know what you think! Think you’ll give it a try? Feel free to share a link to yours if you do, I’d love to see.
Here is my big girl - 8 Months old now!
Have  a wonderful day,
We will be linking up to these lovely parties HERE!

6 comments:

  1. Cutie pie baby & I love the hand print pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is 8 months old today! I have to do this with him so I can remember how little his hands are. So adorable!
    Corey from Tinysidekick.com (I'd love for you to come by!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corey, thank you so much! I just popped over at your blog and started following along. You have some great stuff and your kids are just too cute :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hand print art. I did one with Tadeo Turtle. Cute idea with Mom and daughter.
    Blessings,
    Janis www.janiscox.com Author of Tadeo Turtle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janis! I will have to come check out the handprint art that you tried. Thanks for stopping by.
      -Kayla

      Delete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...